As always, a great line-up, and this issue also marks the first instalment of my four-parter, Memento, my attempt to meld one of the trad SF tropes (colonies on other worlds) with a bit of Philip K Dickian twisting of reader expectations as we go along.
I know that current or most recent work tends to be the writer’s favourite piece, but this one is, well, one of my favourites among things I’ve written, and certainly one of the most interesting.
Here’s the line-up:
- Cosmopolitan Predators! by Tony Ballantyne
- Gela’s Ring by Chris Beckett
- Bartholomew Burns and the Brain Invaders by Eric Brown
- Memento by Keith Brooke
- The Ties that Bind by Juliet E McKenna
- Spiderlight by Adrian Tchaikovsky